We are here: HomeOur BusinessAirportsGVK KIA Bengaluru
GVK KIA BENGALURU

BENGALURU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT LIMITED

GVK KIA BENGALURU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru is India’s first Greenfield airport developed under the Public Private Partnership framework. For the development of this airport, GVK Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) was constituted. 26% of GVK KIA’s equity is owned by the Airport Authority of India and the Karnataka State Industrial Investment & Development Corporation, while the remaining 74% is held by private promoters. In January 2012, GVK acquired 43% of this equity from the private promoters.

GVK has been committed to fast tracking Kempegowda International Airport’s development to transform it into a world-class iconic airport in terms of quality and efficiency and set a benchmark for the future commercial development of Indian airports. In a significant development, Kempegowda International Airport’s terminal, enhanced in design, exteriors, facilities and infrastructure, has been inaugurated in December 2013.

GVK KIA BENGALURU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT The new Terminal not only reflects the city’s dreams but also the culture, ethos and landscape of Karnataka. Built on existing facilities efficient and passenger-friendly design, the new infrastructure is at par with best in the world in terms of conveniences, with double the existing area, facilities to host some of the largest aircrafts and world class technologies. Airside infrastructure has also been further strengthened to cater to increased number of Aircraft movements. The new AOCC (Airport Operational Control Centre) serves as the nerve-centre of the airport and helps both airlines and concessionaires to streamline processes. This ensures smart decision-making and faster turnaround making the operations as well as travel through the airport more efficient and economical for passengers.

GVK KIA, Bengaluru handled traffic of 12.86 million passengers and 242,426 metric tonnes of cargo in 2013-14. The enhanced Terminal will be able to handle 20 million passengers per annum and the master plan envisages the construction of a new integrated passenger terminal, equipped with world-class technology to accommodate up to over 50 million passengers per annum. With this strategic move, GVK has established presence in South India’s rapidly expanding aviation market. Kempegowda International Airport has been hailed as an engineering marvel with sophisticated terminal and passenger facilities.

GVK KIA BENGALURU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT As Bengaluru is called the ‘Garden City’, GVK has highlighted this aspect of the city’s character in the airport’s surroundings. Over 100 acres has been beautifully landscaped reflecting the essence of the city as a tranquil and green zone. The development plans for Kempegowda International Airport includes a complete Airport City with excellent retail, entertainment and hospitality options. Along with improving access to Kempegowda International Airport from the national highway, GVK is also exploring rail connectivity to the city of Bengaluru and beyond.

visit www.bengaluruairport.com

Airport City

© 2013 GVK Industries Limited. All Rights Reserved.Disclaimer Sitemap