We are here: Indonesia
After establishing itself as a major player in the airports sector in India, GVK has expanded its presence in Indonesia, which has strong aviation growth potential in the coming years.
This will further strengthen GVK’s position as a strong and reliable provider of airport infrastructure globally. This would also help promote the economic growth across the region.
GVK has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the PT Angkasa Pura I (Persero), a State Owned Enterprise of Govt. of Indonesia for development of a greenfield international airport in Yogyakarta
Special Province in central Java.
GVK has also signed a Management Services Agreement with PT Angkasa Pura I (Persero) for Commercial and Operations Development of I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport, Bali, a key tourist destination
in Indonesia. The key objective of the partnership is to transform commercial revenue as well as service quality and passenger experience at the airport.
PT Angkasa Pura I (Persero) and GVK partnership has transformed I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport in a short period of time and also achieved significant progress at the New International
Airport at Yogyakarta. Key achievements are :
Commercial and Operations Development of I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport, Bali
1. Bali Airport is now ranked no. 1 airport as per the Airport Service Quality ratings by Airport Council International in Indonesia within short period of time
2. Ranked world’s 3rd Best Airport for 2015 in the category of 15-25 million passengers per annum, according to a survey conducted by Airports Council International
3. Customer satisfaction score significantly increased from 2.89 in Q3 2012 to 4.9 in Q2 2016 out of total scale of 5
4. Manifold increase in Non- Aeronautical revenue since commencement of partnership
5. Partnership between AP1 and GVK provided significant improvements in terms of the quality of human resources and best practices in airport management and commercial aspects
6. Transformation of international and domestic terminal, commercial layouts and associated facilities
7. First walkthrough duty-free store, commercial selection process and walkthrough duty paid store in the region
8. First coordinated event in Airport in Indonesia
Development of New Greenfield International Airport in Yogyakarta
1. PT Angkasa Pura 1 (Persero) and GVK have entered into a binding term sheet
2. Feasibility Study and Master Plan for the project has been completed and approved by Ministry of Transportation
3. Ministry of Transport has issued location permit for the new international airport
4. Land Utilization Permit has been issued
5. Land acquisition is in progress
Recently PT Angkasa Pura II (Persero), another State Owned Enterprise of Government of Indonesia has selected GVK as a partner to transform KaulaNamu International Airport in Medan into a regional hub
and also to develop Silangit Airport in North Sumatra as a tourist destination. PT Angkasa Pura II (Persero) and GVK are in an advanced stage of discussions for entering into a definitive agreements.
GVK has also provide technical solutions to PT Angkasa Pura II (Persero) for conversion to domestic terminal and revitalization of Terminal 2 at Soekarno Hatta International Airport in Jakarta.